SUMMARY: The Bookkeeper for the Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre (RMRT) is an independent contractor, responsible for the bookkeeping, accounting, and bill-paying activities, and provides support to the office staff and Treasurer of the Board and others as needed. The position is located in Grand Lake, Colorado.
The position is 12-16 hours per week, year round, hourly rate paid monthly, and reports to the Executive Artistic Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for the RMRT full-charge bookkeeping and activities which include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Record donations
- Make deposits
- Generate payroll on 15th and 30th of each month
- (in season) balance box office reports/receipts, bar & gift shop receipts
- (in season) do royalties report, and make appropriate payment (weekly)
- (in season) weekly payroll in season
- Write donation acknowledgment letters
- Provide financial reports for Finance Committee and Board Meeting
- Update Prepaid Worksheet
- Enter “Colorado Gives” donations and the deposit in Quickbooks
- 941 Form
- Sales Tax
- Assist with annual audit
- Assist with budget preparation as needed
- As needed
- Onboard new employees, seasonal employees
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Significant level of mastery with Quickbooks accounting platform, and significant experience using.
- Significant experience generating payroll for a small business.
- Significant experience using and general mastery of Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience monitoring budget performance and reporting
- An understanding of theatre, or ability and enthusiasm to learn quickly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle confidential and time-sensitive material
- Mastery of computer, online, and cloud-based applications, as well as digital communication and functioning.
- Excellent written, verbal communications, and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate clearly in person and in writing.
- Proven ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Demonstrated track record with respect to detail orientation, accuracy, timely task accomplishment.